Total English class 9 practice paper 6 solutions- In this blog post, we will share with you the question answers of Total English class 9 practice paper 6 solutions. Hope this will help you with your upcoming examination. The question answers of Total English class 9 practice paper 6 solutions are best for the Icse class 9 students.
Total English class 9 practice paper 6 solutions-Question answers
queryexpress is meant to help students achieve their goals. here you can also find the solutions to the practice paper for Total English class 9 Icse.
- Total English class 9 practice paper 1 solutions
- Total English class 9 practice paper 2 solutions
- Total English class 9 practice paper 3 solutions
- Total English class 9 practice paper 4 Solutions
- Total English class 9 practice paper 5 solutions
you can also learn how to write notices and emails which are in your syllabus
- Notice writing on Arts and Crafts Exhibition
- Notice writing on inter-school Elocution contest
- Notice writing on inter-school quiz competition
- Write a letter to the MLA requesting to ensure the safety of elderly people
- Write a complaint letter to a dry cleaner firm
- Notice writing on a visit to an old age home
- Write a notice for fancy-dress competition
Question answers of Total English class 9 practice paper 6 solutions
In each of the following items sentence, A is complete but sentence B is incomplete. Complete sentence B each time making it as similar as possible in meaning so that it could replace A. Make B one sentence, never two. No changes of any kind may be made to the printed parts of the B sentence.
1. A. She confessed that she had been very foolish. B. She said
Ans. She said, “I have been very foolish.”
2. A. He inquired of me if I knew the way. B. Ile said to me, “
Ans. He said to me “Do you know the way.”
3. A. He bade goodbye to his friends. B. He said, ”
Ans. He said, “Goodbye, my friends.”
4. A. Arun said, “The rain prevented me from coming to this place.’ B. Arun said that
Ans. Arun said that the rain had prevented him from coming to that Place
5. A. The teacher said to the boys, “I shall prove now that the earth moves around the sun.” B. The teacher told the boys
Ans. The teacher told the boys that he would prove that the earth moves around the sun.
6. A. He said to me, “May God bless you!”
Ans. He prayed that God would bless me.
7. A She told me that she could easily beat me in singing. B. She said to me,..
Ans. She said to me, “I can easily beat you in signing.”
8. A. He inquired of us whether we were going away that day. B. He ….. today?
Ans. He asked, “ Are you going away today?”
Notes- Total English class 9 practice paper 6 solutions
Rewrite the following according to the instructions given after each. Change only enough to do what you are asked to do and make a correct sentence. Do not alter the meaning. You have to make your sentence say the same thing in a different way.
I. Leela said, “Let me have some coffee.” Begin: Leela wished
Ans. Leela wished to have some coffee.
2. Arundhati asked me whether I played Tennis. Begin: Arundhati said,
Ans. Arundhati said, “Do you play Tennis?”
3. “How beautiful the sunset looks tonight!” said Neelam. Begin: Neelam exclaimed
Ans. Neelam exclaimed that the sunset looked beautiful that night.
4. He says, “I am glad to be here today.” Begin: He says he
Ans. He says he is glad to be there that day.
5. Swami requested him to wait there till he returned. End: till I return.
Ans. Swami said. “Please wait here till I return.”
Practice paper 6 Total English class 9 question answers
6. He said to us, “Are you going to Mumbai today?” Begin: He enquired of us
Ans. He inquired of us whether we were going to Mumbai that day.
7. He wished that he might have some ice cream. Begin: he said”….”
Ans. He said, “ I wish to have some ice cream.”
8. The teacher said to me, “ I have never seen such a careless girl as you.”Begin: The teacher told me that….
Ans. The teacher told me that she had never seen such a careless girl as me.
9. “It may rain this evening,” said the farmer. Begin: The farmer said that..
Ans. The farmer said that it might rain that evening.
10. Mr Majumdar told the children not to play with me. End: “….” Said Mr Majumdar
Ans. “Children don’t play with her.” Said Mr Majumdar.
Morning star-Total English class 9 practice paper 6 solutions
Fill in each of the numbered blanks with the correct form of the word given in brackets. Total English class 9 practice paper 6 solutions
An elephant breathes 10 to 12 times a minute and lives for around 100 years. A tortoise is believed to breathe 3 to 4 times a minute and survives up to 300 years. But a dog which keeps breathing briskly has an average life of around 12 years. So as we slow down our breathing cycle, our ageing process slows down, and lifespan would expand. The breathing cycle relates to our state of mind as well. It will be interesting to note here that a human being ordinarily breathes 18 counts per minute. But when in an agitated state, the breath count goes up to somewhere between 30 and 36. So by reducing our breath count, even mental agitation gets calmed down.
Total English class 9 chapter 6 solutions
Fill in each blank with an appropriate word: Total English class 9 practice paper 6 solutions
1. Nancy has not met her mother___ May.
Ans. Nancy has not met her mother since May.
2. Some shops were shut ___ for security reasons.
Ans. Some shops were shut down for security reasons.
3. You should not deviate ___ your objective.
Ans. You should not deviate from your objective.
4. His brother has put him___ great inconvenience.
Ans. His brother has put him to great inconvenience.
5. Do not run ___ your rivals.
Ans. Do not run from your rivals.
6. Friends learn to bear ___ one another’s shortcomings.
Friends learn to bear with one another’s shortcomings.
7. His kidnapper is still ____ large.
Ans. His kidnapper is still at large
8. Finally, he repented___ his mistake.
Ans. Finally, he repented for his mistake.
Icse solutions for class 9 chapter 6 Total English
Join the sentences to make one complete sentence without using and, but, or so. (Total English class 9 practice paper 6 solutions)
1. I was in my garden. I shouted at Anu
Ans. I shouted at Anu when I was in my garden
2. The workers threatened to go on strike. The company still introduced its new policy.
Ans. Although the workers threatened to go on strike, the company still introduced its new policy.
3. Clear the written test. Only then you will be called for an interview.
Ans. You will not be allowed for an interview unless you clear the written test.
4. Pull the chain. The train will stop.
Ans. Pull the chain to stop the train.
Icse solutions for class 9 total English practice paper 6
(d) Rewrite the following sentences according to the instructions given after each. Make other changes that may be necessary, but do not change the meaning of each sentence.
Total English class 9 practice paper 6 solutions
1. That bridge is so low that the truck cannot go under. (Use: too)
Ans. That bridge is too low for the truck to go under.
2. You may speak as loudly as you can but she won’t hear you. (Begin: No matter how )
Ans. No matter how loudly you speak, she won’t hear you.
3. Selecting the right candidate for the job is a difficult task. (Begin: It
Ans. It is a difficult task to select the right candidate for the job.
4. As soon as the Chief Guest had seated himself, the play began. (Use: No sooner )
Ans. No sooner had the Chief Guest seated himself then the play began.
5. His suggestion was received well by the members. (Use: went down)
Ans. His suggestion went down well with the members.
6. “You should rest just now Rita,” the mother said. (Begin: The mother advised)
Ans. The mother advised Rita to rest.
7. You must not be late or you will be fined. (Begin: In the event…)
Ans. In the event of your being late, you will be fined.
8. Sugarcane can’t possibly grow in such poor soil.( Begin: It is impossible…)
Ans. It is impossible for sugarcane to grow in such poor soil.