Practice paper 4 total English class 9 solutions- Today we will solve the Practice paper 4 total English class 9 solutions which are best for class 8 icse students. here we are covering the assignment and practice paper 4 total English class 9 Grammar book. if you are searching for practice paper 3 total English class 9 English Grammar then just click the below link to visit the blog
Practice paper 4 total English class 9 solutions-Assignments
Click below to find the question answers of Practice papers 1 to 5
- Total English class 9 practice paper 1 solutions
- Total English class 9 practice paper 2 solutions
- Total English class 9 practice paper 3 solutions
- Total English class 9 practice paper 4 Solutions
- Total English class 9 practice paper 5 solutions
- practice paper 3 class 9 short answer type with grammar
For Notice writing, Email writing and letter writing(Complaint) click the below button
Practice paper 4 total English class 9 solutions-Grammar
Change the words in brackets to either the Simple Past or the Past Continuous Tense.
1. He (read) a newspaper when I (see) him.
Ans. He was reading a newspaper when I saw him.
2. When he first (meet) her, she (work) as a typist.
Ans. When he first met her she was working as a typist.
3. While he (dig) in the garden, he (find) an old coin.
Ans. While he was digging in the garden he found an old coin.
4. She (live) with her parents when the war (break) …… out
Ans. She was living with her parents when the war broke out.
5. My sister (cook) meal for our guests all afternoon.
Ans. My sister was cooking a meal for our guests all afternoon.
6. What (do) you do yesterday in the morning?
Ans. What did you do yesterday in the morning?
7. The night watchman (sleep) when I (pass) by your house.
Ans. The night watchman was sleeping when I passed by your house.
8. While 1 (learn) French, I often (make) tense errors.
Ans. While I was learning French, I often made tense errors.
9. The teacher (come) into the library to see what we (do).
Ans. The teacher came into the library to see what we were doing.
10. I (spend) a lot of money on books yesterday.
Ans. I spent a lot of money on books yesterday.
Icse Grammar-Practice paper 4 total English class 9 solutions
Change the verbs in brackets to Past Perfect, Past Simple or the Past Perfect Continuous Tense.
1. He (forgot) my name so I reminded him.
Ans. He had forgotten my name so I reminded him.
2. After he (finish) his studies he (live) in England for two years.
Ans. After he had finished his studies he lived in England for two years.
3.The artist (finish) the painting at exactly three o’clock.
Ans.The artist finished the painting at exactly three o’clock.
4. “The fire already (destroy) much of the building when the firemen (arrive)
Ans. The fire had already destroyed much of the building when the firemen arrived.
Total English class 9 practice paper 4 notes
5. She (study) French for two years when she (go) to Paris.
Ans. She had studied French for two years when she went to Paris.
6. He (take) two degrees when he (be) in England.
Ans. He had taken two degrees when he was in England.
7. The shop (sell) all the bread by the time I (get) there.
Ans. The shop had sold all the bread by the time l got there.
8. She (qualify) as a nurse and then (get) married.
Ans- She qualified as a nurse and then got married.
9. I (wear) that jacket for a year when somebody (steal) it.
Ans- I had worn that jacket for a year when somebody stole it.
10. She (cook) the meal over an hour when we (arrive) at the house
Ans. She had been cooking the meal over an hour when we arrived at the house.
Practice paper 4 total English class 9 solutions-Notes
Complete the following sentences, using going to wherever possible and will or shall in other cases:
1. I (read) a book tonight.
Ans. I shall read a book tonight.
2. The sun ____ (rise) at half past five tomorrow morning.
Ans. The sun will rise at half past five tomorrow morning.
3. It is very cloudy and I am sure it ____ rain.
Ans. It is very cloudy and I am sure it will rain.
4. I (stay) in the town for a month.
Ans. I am going to stay in the town for a month.
5. The President ( give) a speech tonight.
Ans. The President is going to give a speech tonight.
Total English Practice paper 4 class 9 question answers
6. The train (arrive) in fifteen minutes.
Ans. The train is going to arrive in fifteen minutes.
7. Tomorrow (be) the last day of the month.
Ans. Tomorrow will be the last day of the month.
8. The gardener (water) the lawn if we tell him.
Ans. The gardener will water the lawn if we tell him.
9. He _____ his evening (clean) his room.
Ans. He is going to clean his room this evening.
10. She_____ (give) you chance if you ask her.
Ans. She will give you a chance if you ask her.
Icse grammar Practice paper 4 total English class 9 solutions
Put the verbs in a suitable tense
- They (drink) coffee when I arrived.
Ans. They were drinking coffee when I arrived.
2. When you arrive, you (travel) for two days.
Ans. When you arrive, you would have travelled for two days.
3. After I (wash) the car, I put it in the garage.
Ans. After I had washed the car, I put it in the garage.
4. She often (play) tennis.
Ans. She often plays tennis.
5. While he (read) the milk boiled.
Ans. While he was reading the milk boiled.
Practice paper 4 total English class 9 questions and answers
6. He (work) in Kolkata for three years now.
Ans. He has been working in Kolkata for three years now.
7. Ravi thinks he (lose) his watch on the road.
Ans. Ravi thinks he lost his watch on the road.
8. You (stay) here until you apologise.
Ans. You have to stay here until you apologise.
9. I (see) them on the platform before they left.
Ans. I saw them on the platform before they left.
10. Next year we (go) to Paris.
Question answers of Practice paper 4 total English class 9 solutions
Ans. Next year we will be going to Paris.
11. When the war (break out) Mr Bhatnagar (work) teacher for twenty years.
Ans. When the war broke out Mr Bhatnagar had been working as a teacher for twenty years.
12. My brother recently (enter) university.
Ans. My brother recently entered the university
13. since 1900 science ____ (progress) rapidly.
Ans. Since 1900 science has progressed rapidly.
14. His opinion (matter)
Ans. His opinion doesn’t matter.
15. Although the event happened 30 years ago, he still (recall) it clearly.
Ans. Although the event happened 30 years ago, he still recalls it clearly.
Chapter 4 Practice paper 4 total English class 9 solutions
2 (a)Ans. People say that pink is a feminine colour and blue is a masculine colour. Colours do not have genders; they are gender-neutral. Colours having gender is a human concept. It all started in the 19th century by assigning colours based, on the sex of the baby. Blue and pink colours were first chosen because of how they accentuated hair and eye colour. Blue was meant to go with blue eyes and blonde hair, while pink was for brown eyes and brown hair. Of course, certain colours complement certain skin tones, while others don’t. People should be able to choose any colour they want.
Practice paper 4 total English class 9 solutions and answers
2(b)Fill in each blank with an appropriate word.
(b) 1. You must be _____ such mean considerations.
Ans. You must be beyond/above such mean considerations.
2. Anuj has got more work than he can cope
Ans. Anuj has got more work than he can cope with.
3. I am surprised you fell _____ that trick.
Ans. I am surprised you fell for that trick.
4. I have disposed _____my old books.
Ans. I have disposed of my old books.
5. The student is leaning _____ the wall.
Ans. The student is leaning against the wall.
6. The price of gold has not come _____ this year.
Ans. The price of gold has not come down this year.
7. It has been a long time _____ I heard from him.
Ans. It has been a long time since I heard from him.
8. Do not brood______ your failure.
Ans. Do not brood over your failure.
Total English practice paper 4 questions and answers
(c) Join the following sentences to make one complete sentence without using and, but or so.
- He has not done his homework. I am sure of it.
Ans. I am sure he has not done his homework.
- He is bold. He can face any problem.
Ans. He is bold enough to face any problem.
- We all enjoyed the story. Our teacher told us the story.
Ans. We all enjoyed the story our teacher told us.
- Meeta is very clever. No problem is beyond her.
Ans. No problem is beyond Meeta.
Chapter 4 Total English class 8 solutions
(d) Rewrite the following sentences according to the instructions given after each. Make other changes that may be necessary, but do not change the meaning of each sentence.
- You left the gas on, didn’t you? (End: ….did you?
Ans. You didn’t switch off the gas, did you?
- She is so intelligent that she can write her own book. (Use: enough)
Ans. She is intelligent enough to write her own book.
- People say this new material is very good. (Use: It is …)
Ans. It is said this material is very good.
- Submit your assignment before it is too late. ( Begin Lat…)
Ans. Let it not be too late before you submit your assignment.
- We clapped as soon as the Chief guest arrived. ( Begin: No sooner…)
Ans. No sooner did the chief guest arrive then we clapped.
- He had only just arrived at the station when there was a terrible explosion. (Begin: Hardly
Ans. Hardly had he arrived at the station when there was a terrible explosion.
- Do you mean to go abroad? (Use: intention)
Ans. Is it your intention to go abroad?
- She said to us, “Let us go through the book.” (Begin: She suggested )
Ans. She suggested that we go through the book.