Total English class 9 practice paper 1 solutions- here we will share with you the questions and answers of Total English class 9 practice paper 1solutions. please go through the post and write it down in your notebook. Total English class 9 practice paper 1 solution will help you for your upcoming examination and also enhance your Grammatical knowledge.
Total English class 9 practice paper 1 solutions for Isce students class 8
Click below to find the question answers of Practice papers 2 to 9
- Total English class 9 practice paper 1 solutions
- Total English class 9 practice paper 2 solutions
- Total English class 9 practice paper 3 solutions
- Total English class 9 practice paper 4 Solutions
- Total English class 9 practice paper 5 solutions
- Total English class 9 practice paper 7 solutions
- Total English class 9 practice paper 8 solutions
- Total English class 9 practice paper 9 question answes
For NOTICE and E-Mail from Practice Paper 1, Click the button below
Total English class 9 practice paper 1soloutions- Notes
I. Insert ‘a’ or ‘an’ where required in the gaps in the following sentences. Put an ‘x’ mark where no article is required.
Total English class 9 practice paper 1 solutions
1. Their function turned out to be quite___ occasion.
Ans. Their function turned out to be quite an occasion.
2. She took___ pen and wrote____ letter.
Ans. She took a pen and wrote a letter.
3. glass, unlike water, is___ poor conductor of electricity.
Ans. x Glass, unlike water, is a poor conductor of x electricity.
4. He needs ___few books from the library.
Ans. He needs a few books from the library.
5. I have only read ___ little of the book so far
Ans. I have only read a little of the book so far.
Fill in the blanks with articles Total English class 9 practice paper 1 solutions
6. Sibia did ___exemplary act by saving the life of a woman.
Ans. Sibia did an exemplary act by saving the life of a woman.
7. I prefer___ classical music to___ rock music.
Ans. I prefer x classical music to x rock music.
8. Not many people liked the film, but quite___ few liked its ___ story.
Ans. Not many people liked the film, but quite a few liked its x story.
9. He takes___ glass of water before going to play football.
Ans. He takes a glass of Kt water before going to play football.
10. He can’t afford such___ expensive shirt.
Ans. He can’t afford such an expensive shirt.
ISCE Total English class 9 practice paper 1 solutions
Insert the definite article where required in the following sentences. Put an “X” mark where no article is required.
1. earlier everybody agrees sooner we can start our journey.
Ans. The earlier everybody agrees, the sooner we can start our journey.
2. ___more he works,___ more tired he looks.
Ans. The more he works, the more tired he looks.
3. ___Oil is vital to ___ economy of America.
Ans. x Oil is vital to the economy of America.
4. dosas are made of___ rice.
Ans. x Dosas are made of x rice.
5. ___vase we bought___ last month needs polishing.
Ans. “X vase we bought x last month needs polishing.
Total English class 9 practice paper 1 solutions -Articles
6. ___office he was working in was on __ loan from___ bank.
Ans. The office he was working in was on x loan from the bank.
7. It was on ___ fifth of___ month that he got his salary.
Ans. It was on the fifth of the month that he got his salary.
8. He went abroad at___ age of
8. Ans. He went abroad at the age of 18.
9. ____old man was taken to___hospital.
Ans. The old man was taken to the hospital.
10. I doubt if man will ever be able to avoid war.
Ans. I doubt if X man will ever be able to avoid X war.
Total English practice paper 1 class 9 isce questions and answers
Fill in each of the numbered blanks with the correct form of the word given in brackets. Do not copy the passage, but write in correct serial order the word or phrase appropriate to the blank space.
Ans. Elephants follow a matriarchal structure where the eldest female is the head of the group. Herds are composed primarily of female members and young calves. They include 6 to 20 members depending on the food supply. When the family gets too large, herds often split into smaller groups that stay within the same area. The male elephants however live in isolation or in small bachelor groups. Calves are cared for by the entire herd of females. Female calves may stay with their maternal herd for the rest of their lives, while males leave the herd as they reach puberty. The matriarch relies on her experience and memory to recall where the best spots for food, and water are where to find protection from the elements. The matriarch is also responsible for teaching the younger members of her family how to socialise with other elephants.
Question answers of Total English class 9 practice paper 1 solutions
Fill in each black with an appropriate word :
1. This is one of the best books written___ the subject.
Ans. This is one of the best books written on the subject.
2. He has a grudge____everybody in the group.
Ans. He has a grudge against everybody in the group.
3. These traditions have been handed___from parent to child.
Ans. These traditions have been handed down from parent to child.
4. They toyed___ the idea of buying a new house.
Ans. They toyed with the idea of buying a new house.
5. The king was blind ___ one eye.
Ans. The king was blind in one eye.
6. The leader is popular___ his followers.
Ans. The leader is popular among/with his followers.
7. My father impressed ___ me the need to work hard.
Ans. My father impressed upon me the need to work hard.
8. I wonder what he is aiming___
Ans. I wonder what he is aiming at.
Practice paper 1 Total English Icse class 9 solutions
Join the following sentences to make one complete sentence without using and, but or so
Total English class 9 practice paper 1 solutions
1. It is not a very costly camera. However, it is useful.
Ans: Though this camera is not very costly yet it is useful.
It is not a very costly camera, however, it is useful.
2. The farmer was walking in the field. He came across a rare stone.
Ans. While the farmer walking in the field, he came across a rare stone.
3. A man was drowning. He shouted for help.
Ans. A drowning man shouted for help.
4. There is something in store for him. He does not know it.
Ans. He does not know what is in store for him.
There is something in store for him that he doesn’t know.
5. You may succeed or not. She is not interested in it.
Ans. She is not interested in whether you succeed or not.
Total English Icse class 9 practice paper 1 question answers
Rewrite the following sentences according to the instructions given after each. Make other changes that may be necessary, but do not change the meaning of each sentence.
1. The president was unpopular due to his arrogance( Begin: The president was unpopular because..)
Ans- The president was unpopular because he was arrogant.
2. He inquired of me if I knew the way. ( Begin: He said to me. “…”)
Ans- He said to me “Do you know the way?”
3. He not only advised me but also helped me. ( Begin: In addition..)
Ans- In addition to advising me he also helped me.
4. This is one of the tallest buildings. (Use: taller)
Ans. This building is taller than many other buildings.
5. My friend has probably forgotten my birthday. ( Begin: In all)
Ans. In all probability, my friend has forgotten my birthday.
Total English class 9 practice paper 1 solutions-Rewrite the sentences
6. Keep quiet or you will be punished. (Begin: If )
Ans. If you do not keep quiet you will be punished.
7. I never thought that they would win the match. ( Begin: Little)
Ans. Little did I think they would win the match.
8. He works hard that he may become rich. ( Begin: He aims)
Ans. He aims at becoming rich by working hard.
9. As soon as I arrived I had a cup of tea. (Begin: Upon)
Ans. Upon my arrival, I had a cup of tea.