Total English practice paper 2 class 9 question answers- here we will share the solution of Total English practice paper 2 class 9 question answers. please follow the post and write it down in your copy and share it with your friends. this solution of Total English practice paper 2 class 9 question answers definitely helps you in your upcoming examinations.
Total English practice paper 2 class 9 question answers Icse
It is very important to have knowledge of grammar to get hold of the English language. And it becomes even more important from the exam point of view to secure a good mark. It is the endeavour of queryexpress.com to prepare the children for examinations according to their syllabus.
Here today we will solve the Total English practice paper 2 class 9 question answers.
Click below to find the question answers of Practice papers 1 to 5
- Total English class 9 practice paper 1 solutions
- Total English class 9 practice paper 2 solutions
- Total English class 9 practice paper 3 solutions
- Total English class 9 practice paper 4 Solutions
- Total English class 9 practice paper 5 solutions
Total English practice paper class 9 question answers Icse
Fill in the blanks with the correct form of the verb given in brackets.
1. There _____two mistakes in your essay. (is/are)
Ans. There are two mistakes in your essay.
2. The captain, with all his team members,____ awarded. (were/ was)
Ans. The captain, with all his team members, was awarded.
3. Everyone in the troupe ___ present. (were/was)
Ans. Everyone in the troupe was present.
4. Neither of my brothers____ any car. (have/has)
Ans. Neither of my brothers has any car.
5. Time and tide ___ for no man. (waits/wait)
Ans. Time and tide wait for no man.
6. Fifty thousand rupees___ a big sum. (are/is)
Ans. Fifty thousand rupees is a big sum.
7. None but the brave___ the fair. (deserves/deserve)
Ans. None but the brave deserves the fair.
Total English class 9 practice paper 9 notes for Icse students
8. Which of these books___ yours? (are/ is)
Ans. Which of these books is yours?
9. The great leader and statesman___dead. (are/ is)
Ans. The great leader and statesman is dead.
10. Two and two four. ( make/ makes)
Ans. Two and two make four.
11. The teacher, as well as her students ___ present. (are/ is)
Ans. The teacher, as well as her students, are present.
12. Three-fourths of the house ___ constructed. (were/was)
Ans: Three-fourths of the house was constructed.
Icse Total English practice paper 2 class 9 question answers
Fill in each of the numbered blanks with the correct form of the word given in the brackets. Do not copy the passage but write in the correct serial order, the word or phrase appropriate to the blank space.
The New Education Policy (NEP) proposes 0….(sweep) changes 1…(include) opening of Indian higher education to foreign universities and 2 (focus) on overhauling the curriculum, easier board exams, a 3 (reduce) in the syllabus to retain core essentials and thrust on experiential 4 (learn) and critical thinking. However ….5….(develop) a good number of 6 (train) teachers 7 (need) to meet the challenges of the industry. Many believe that if the new policy is implemented sincerely with a careful 8 (design) of syllabi, it has the potential to transform India into a self-reliant knowledge superpower.
Ans. The New Education Policy (NEP) proposes sweeping changes, including the opening of Indian higher education to foreign universities and focusing on overhauling the curriculum; easier board exams; a reduction in the syllabus to retain core essentials; and a thrust on experiential learning and critical thinking. However, developing a good number of trained teachers will be needed to meet the challenges of the industry. Many believe that if the new policy is implemented sincerely with a careful design of syllabi, it has the potential to transform India into a self-reliant knowledge superpower
Total English practice paper 2 class 9 question answers- Grammar
Fill in each blank with an appropriate word.
1. The sky is covered___ thick rain clouds.
Ans. The sky is covered with thick rain clouds.
2. Happiness consists___ having a positive outlook.
Ans. Happiness consists of having a positive outlook.
3. The harvest has been safely gathered ___.
Ans. The harvest has been safely gathered in.
4. He was cautioned___ driving rashly.
Ans. He was cautioned against driving rashly.
5. The lawyer furnished me___ a copy of the order.
Ans. The lawyer furnished me with a copy of the order
6. ___me, no one else can do this work.
Ans. Except me, no one else can do this work.
7. The police rounded ___ anti-social elements last night.
Ans. The police rounded up anti-social elements last night.
8. The amnesty scheme failed …….want of finances.
Ans. The amnesty scheme failed for want of finances.
Total English practice paper 2 question answers-Join the sentences
(c) Join the following sentences to make one complete sentence without using and, but or so.
1. We went to the airport by taxi. We did not want to miss the flight.
Ans. We went to the airport by taxi because we did not want to miss the flight.
2. He makes a wish. It is immediately fulfilled.
Ans. His wish is immediately fulfilled.
3. He does several things. None of them succeeds.
Ans. Although he does several things, none of them succeeds.
4. The boy is the Sports Secretary. He was here a little while ago.
Ans. The boy, who is the Sports Secretary, was here a little while ago.
Practice paper 2 question answer class 9 Total English
(d) Rewrite the following sentences according to the instructions given after each. Make other changes that may be necessary, but do not change the meaning of each sentence.
1. Training for sports competitions is tiring. (Begin: It )
Ans. It is tiring to train for sports competitions.
2. The climb was steep, but they continued upward. (Begin: In spite of )
Ans. In spite of the climb being steep. they continued upward.
3. We did not find many spectators in the auditorium. (Use: a few)
Ans. We found only a few spectators in the auditorium.
4. “Do you think you know more than your teacher?” said his father. (Begin: His father )
Ans. His father asked him if he thought he knew more than his teacher.
5. It is foolish of him to spend all his money. (Begin: How
Ans. How foolish it is of him to spend all his money!
6. A man has some influence over a daughter but a woman’s influence is greater. (Use: more influence) Ans. A woman has more influence than a man over a daughter.
7. As soon as we reached the station, the train left. (Begin: We had hardly )
Ans. We had hardly reached the station when the train left.
8. It looks as if Suruchi has boarded the wrong bus. (Begin: Suruchi seems )
Ans. Suruchi seems to have boarded the wrong bus.
9 thoughts on “Total English practice paper 2 class 9 question answers”
Thank you do much query express.com!!!
Thank you sooo much QueryExpress
welcome mam….its my pleasure
Can you please share the Q4 of practice paper 2 (TOTAL ENGLISH morning star)
for class 9 or 10 ?? confirm
Thanks for the solutions sir
Pls provide answers of next practice papers
i have already published the whole solutions of class 9 total english practice paper. please go through the link given in the website queryexpress.com