Great fun with grammar class 6 chapter4 solution- Hello everyone in this blog we will solve Great fun with grammar class 6 chapter4 solution. please read it and write it down in your notebook and prepare accordingly.
Great fun with grammar class 6 chapter4 solution- Nouns(number)
Great fun with English Grammar is an important subject for class 6 students which teaches us the basics of English grammar that help us how to read, write and speak English perfectly. queryexpress.com deals with the subject wise solutions of the book Great fun with English Grammar class 6.
Today we are discussing the singular and plural forms of countable nouns. and learn how to convert a singular noun into a plural one. the chapter Great fun with grammar class 6 chapter4 solution deals with the Nouns and numbers. Let’s start
- The cherry tree Anagram and Homophones
- The cherry tree question answers class 6 chapter-1
- Daffodils Question answers class 6 chapter-2
|1. Nouns form their plurals by adding “s” to their singular form||Tree-Trees, Boy-Boys, Apple-Apples|
|2. if the noun ends with the letter s, ss, ch, sh, and x then you have to add “es” to their singular form||Bus-buses, Bench-Benches, Box-Boxes, Bush-bushes|
|3. if a noun ends with “o” then also add es to their plural form||Mango-Mangoes, cargo-cargoes, potato-Potatoes|
|4. If the noun ends with a consonant + y, then add “ies” in place of “y”||Baby- Babies, story-stories,|
|5. If the noun ends with a vowel + y, then add only s after y||Key-Keys, Boy-Boys, tray-Trays|
|6. If the nouns end with f or fe then add “ves” in place of f and fe||Wife-Wives, Thief-Thieves, Calf-Calves, leaf-leaves|
Exception-Hoofs, Dwarfs, Chiefs
|7. some nouns have the same singular and plural form||Sheep, Deer, Fish|
|8. Some nouns have only plural forms||Clothes, series, News|
|9. Compound noun(with hyphenated)||Mothers-in-law, Sisters-in-laws|
|10. Compound nouns (without hyphenated)||Banknotes, Letterheads|
Great fun with grammar class 6 chapter4 solution-Plural form
- Great fun with grammar class 6 chapter-1
- Great fun with grammar class 6 chapter-2
- Great fun with grammar, class 6 chapter-3
A. Write the plural of the following words
Great fun with grammar class 6 chapter4 solution-Rewrite the sentences
Rewrite the sentences making all the nouns plural. Change other words where necessary.
- The child saw a sheep, a deer, an ox, and a buffalo
Answer- The children saw sheep, deer, oxen and buffaloes
2. The woman carried a toolbox and a torch
Answer- the women carried toolboxes and torches
3. The thief stole the key of the safe from the drawer
Answer- Thieves stole the keys to the safe from the drawers
4. we put a puppy, a daisy, a pansy and a lily in the bouquet
Answer- we put puppies, daisies, pansies and lilies in bouquets
5. The chairman announced a bonus for the entire staff
Answer- The chairmen announced bonuses for the entire staff.
Great fun with grammar class 6 chapter4 solution-plural to singular
C. Rewrite the following sentences in the singular form. (plural to singular)
- The women told stories about fairies to the children
Answer– The woman told a story about a fairy to the child.
2. The foremen instructed the workers about their duties.
Answer-The foreman instructed a worker about his duty.
3.The valleys rang with the echoes of horses hooves.
Answer-The valley rang with the echo of a horse hoof.
4. The actors have worked in several popular television series.
Answer-The actor has worked in a popular television series.
5. The police apprehended many lorries carrying smuggled goods
Answer-The police apprehended a lorry carrying smuggled good
6. Some well-known series of books for young adults are written by multiple authors
Answer– A well-known book for a young and an adult is written by an author
7. The children ate boiled potatoes, raw tomatoes and slices of bread.
Answer– a child ate a boiled potato, a raw tomato and a slice of bread.
8. The elves and the dwarfs fought many battles.
Answer– An elf and a dwarf fought a battle.