Great fun with grammar class 6 chapter-3 solutions- in this blog we are going to solve the question answer of class 6 chapter-3 collective nouns and abstract nouns. Great fun with grammar class 6 chapter-3 This chapter on Collective Nouns and Abstract Nouns is very important for exams. so read it carefully.
Great fun with grammar class 6 chapter-3 solutions-Exercises
- The cherry tree Anagram and Homophones
- The cherry tree question answers class 6 chapter-1
- Daffodils Question answers class 6 chapter-2
A. Choose the correct collective noun from the box to fill in the blanks
Brood, Regiment, Galaxy, Collection, Troop, Warren, School, Company, Choir, Bench, Faculty, Board
- A_choir___ of Singers
- A _bench__ of magistrates
- A_warren__ of rabbits
- A_faculty___of teachers
- A__board___of directors
- A__troop___of actors
- A __school_ of fish
- A__collection__of paintings
- A_regiments__ of soldiers
- A__galaxy__ of stars
- A__school__of monkeys
- A__brood___of chicks
Great fun with grammar class 6 chapter-3 solutions( Correct words)
B. What words stand for the following? Work in pairs and find the correct word.
- a period of hundred years–Century
- a period of ten years—— Decade
- a creature with a hundred legs—-Centipedes
- a person who is 100 years old—–Centenarian.
- twenty pieces of something—— Score
- a period of one thousand years— Millennium
Great fun with grammar class 6 chapter-3 solutions (Phrase)
C. The words couple, brace and pair mean two but they are not interchangeable. Complete each phrase with one of these words.
- a _Pair__________ of shoes
- a _bullet_________of pistols
- a __group_______ of fools
- a __couple_______of days
- a __crowd_______of pheasants
- a___pair_________ of trousers
Great fun with grammar class 6 chapter-3 solutions(MCQs)
D. Choose the correct collective noun from the box and complete each sentence.
Volley, Hordes, Couple, Collection, Team, Swarm, Suite, Mob
- The woman hurled a ____Volley___ of abuses at her attacker.
- A __Couple__of police officers were stationed outside the attacker’s embassy as a security measure.
- The police used tear gas to disperse the ____mob__of hooligans.
- A_____swarm___of locuts descended upon the village.
- The bedroom _____suit___ consisted of a bed, a wardrobe and a dressing table
- The farmer’s cart was pulled by a ____team__ of oxen.
- Europe was invaded by __horde____________ of savages in the Middle Ages.
- The philately exhibition had some very interesting _collection__
Great fun with grammar class 6 question answers
E. Work in pairs. Read about the following people and identify the quality that they display. You may use the words given in the box.
anxiety strength kindness intelligence cruelty vanity wisdom honesty patience humility
- The lion trainer whipped the lions with a leather whip when training them. __Cruelty_
- Raj always helps the elderly, the weak and the needy. (Kindness)
- King Solomon judged his cases well and his subjects were always pleased with his intelligent decisions. (Wisdom)
- Nina looks in the mirror a hundred times a day. (Vanity)
- Ali never loses his temper with his younger brother though he often troubles him. (patience)
- Balu the Bear can snap a tree with One swipe of his paw. (Strength)
- Ravi would never steal from the office, not even the stub of a pencil. ( Honesty)
- John is a famous singer and has won many awards but he is always polite and is never proud. ( Humility)
- Mrs Mehra Nvorrics about her daughter’s health, safety, education and almost everything else, all the time. (Anxiety)
- Tanvi is brilliant in all subjects. She always stands first in class. (Intelligence)
Great fun with grammar class 6 chapter-3 Answers
F. Form abstract nouns from the following adjectives.
Great fun with grammar class 6 chapter-3 solutions(Abstract nouns)
G. Write the abstract nouns formed from the following verbs
- to arrive ———- arrival
- to depart———- Departure
- to choose ——— Choice
- to prefer———- Preference
- to invent———-Invention
- to destroy———Destruction
- to recover———Recovery
- to defend———Defence
- to interfere——–Interference
- to invade———-Invasion
- to divert———- Diversion
- to discover——– Discovery