Great fun with grammar class 6 chapter-2- In this blog, we are going to solve the question answers of Great fun with grammar class 6 chapter-2.please write down in your copy and practice accordingly.
Great fun with grammar class 6 chapter-1
Great fun with grammar class 6 chapter-2(Proper Noun)
What is a Proper Noun With an example
If any noun has a specific name, whether it is a person, place or animal then that noun is called a proper noun. ie A proper noun is a specific name for a “person, animal, place, or thing”.
When we use Proper Noun in a sentence, we always start it with a capital letter whether the proper noun comes at the beginning or at the end of the sentence.
The cherry tree Anagram and Homophones
The cherry tree question answers class 6 chapter-1
Daffodils Question answers class 6 chapter-2
Example of Proper Nouns-
|Name of people||Rakesh, Sheela, Mr Jacob|
|Name of Place||New Delhi,|
|Name of Things||Candle, wall clock, Tata bus|
|Name of Street and buildings||Shanghai Tower, Gandhi Marg|
|Name of Mountains, rivers and oceans||The Himalayas, The Ganga, The Indian Ocean|
|Name of days, months||Sunday, Monday, January, February|
|Name of books, newspapers and magazines||Mathematics, The Samaj, Times of India, Filmfare|
|Name of Continents||Asia, America, Australia|
|Name of Festivals||Eid, Diwali, Holi|
|Name of special days||Independence day|
Great fun with grammar class 6 chapter-2(Exercise)
A. Work in pairs. Think of a proper noun for each common noun given below.
- a river ——————————- The Yamuna
- a mountain————————— The Himalaya
- a sportsperson ———————— Virat Kohli
- an actor —————————– Shahid Kapoor
- a street —————————— Dakhinakali
- a market—————————– Golbazar
- a city ——————————– Mumbai
- a Country —————————- Japan
- a book ——————————- Grammar
- a film ——————————– Karz
- a scientist —————————- Abdul Kalam
- an inventor ————————— Charle Babage
- a special day ————————– Gandhi Jayanti
- a festival —————————– Diwali
- a temple —————————– The Konark Temple
- a monument ————————- The Taj Mahal
Great fun with grammar class 6 chapter-2 question answers
B. Rewrite the following sentences using capital letters wherever necessary.
1. The largest city in america is new york.
Answer-The largest city in America is New York.
2. queen elizabeth is the monarch of great britain.
Answer- Queen Elizabeth is the monarch of Great Britain.
3. The red sea is to the east of egypt.
Answer- The Red Sea is to the East of Egypt
4. ashok’s birthday is on wednesday, the 15th of february.
Answer- Ashok’s birthday is on Wednesday, The 15th of February.
5. The man who first sailed to america was christopher columbus.
Answer- The man who first sailed to America was Christopher Columbus.
6. The prime minister of india lives at 7 race course road, new delhi.
Answer- The Prime minister of India lives at 7 Race course road, New Delhi.
7 . marine drive in mumbai is often called the queen’s necklace
Answer- The Marine drive in Mumbai is often called The Queen’s Necklace.
8. The nile is a longer river than the ganga.
Answer- The Nile is a longer river than The Ganga.
5 thoughts on “Great fun with grammar class 6 chapter-2”