Great fun with grammar class 6 chapter-5 solution- in this blog we are going to solve Great fun with grammar class 6 chapter-5 solution that contains Nouns of gender.
Great fun with English Grammar is an important subject for class 6 students which teaches us the basics of English grammar that help us how to read, write and speak English perfectly.
queryexpress.com deals with the subject wise solutions of the book Great fun with English Grammar class 6. the experts have given a full explanation of grammar so that students can learn and earn good marks in their upcoming examinations.
Great fun with grammar class 6 chapter-5 solution(nouns:Gender)
Today in this article Great fun with grammar class 6 chapter-5 solution, we are going to find out and learn about the gender of a noun. as we know that nouns have four genders that is
- Masculine gender- Man, boy, father, Uncle
- Feminine gender- Woman, girl, mother, aunt
- Common gender-Animal, baby, bird, cousin, cattle, children, friend, dog, horse etc.
- Neuter- box, chair, house, book, field, lamp etc.
Great fun with grammar, class 6 chapter-1
Great fun with grammar, class 6 chapter-2
Great fun with grammar,class 6 chapter-3
Great fun with grammar class 6 chapter-5 solution(Exercise)
A. Match each gender-based noun to a gender free option.
|wife or husband||spouse|
Great fun with grammar class 6 chapter-5 solution(Common gender noun)
B. Give the common gender nouns for the following definitions
- The head of a company—————————Chairperson
- father and mother——————————-Parents
- brothers and sisters——————————Siblings
- referring to all people—————————-Everyone
- the king or the queen—————————- Monarch
- the head of a School—————————– Principal
Gender specific noun-Great fun with grammar class 6 chapter-5 solution
C. Underline the gender specific nouns in the following sentences and write down common gender nouns that can be used in their place
- The husband or the wife of the employees is invited to the dinner.
Answer- The spouse of the employees are invited to the dinner
- I know she has a younger brother or sister
Answer- I know she has siblings
- Please indicate whether you are married or you are a bachelor
Answer-Please indicate your marital status
- our landlord increases the rent every year.
Answer- Our/The owner increases the rent every year.
- The fishermen take their boats out to sea before dawn.
Answer- The fisher takes their boats out to sea before dawn.
- The maidservant told the mistress that she was going on leave.
Answer- The servant told the owner that she was going on leave
- The foreman is responsible for the safety of the workmen.
Answer- The supervisor is responsible for the safety of the employees
Common error(nouns:Gender)-Great fun with grammar class 6 chapter-5 solution
we often do errors when we use masculine or feminine nouns in a sentence when they are not required or can use them in place of common gender nouns.
|1. He/She is my cousin sister/brother||He/She is my cousin|
|2. There are many lady doctors in the hospital||There are many women doctors in the hospital|
|3. Please ask the air hostess for snacks||Please ask the flight attendant for snacks|
|4. History tells that early man was a hunter/gatherer||History tells that early human were hunters/gatherers|
|5. The company plans to increase its manpower.||The company plans to increase its staff/workforce|
|6. Mankind will soon destroy the earth||Human beings will soon destroy the Earth|
1 thought on “Great fun with grammar class 6 chapter-5 solution”