Great fun with English grammar class 7 solutions- Here we will solve the Fun with grammar class 7 question answer that helps the student practice for their upcoming examination. Great fun with English grammar class 7 solutions contains the use of articles.
Great fun with English grammar class 7 solutions- Article
Great fun with English Grammar is an essential subject for class 7 students which teaches them the basics of English grammar that helps students how to read, to write and speak English perfectly. queryexpress.com deals with the subject-wise solutions of the book Great fun with English Grammar class 7.
- Great fun with grammar, class 6 chapter-1
- Great fun with grammar, class 6 chapter-2
- Great fun with grammar,class 6 chapter-3
- Great fun with grammar, Class 6 chapter-4
- Great fun with grammar, class 6 Chapter-5
Here, queryexpress.com provides the most authentic and accurate English grammar Solutions For Class 7 chapter 1 (Article). These solutions are going to help the students who are preparing for their exams. The Great fun with grammar class 7 solutions chapter 1 has been solved by experts that give the best solutions to the students.
Chapter 1 “Article” is a very interesting part of the grammar book Great fun with grammar. you can download or write it down in your notebook
Great fun with English grammar class 7 solutions-Question answer
We use Articles before a noun in a sentence. The article is also used as an adjective to complete a sentence.
As we know there are two types of article
- Definite (The)
- Indefinite ( a and an)
The definite article (the) is used before a specific noun that indicates the identity of the noun but the indefinite article is used before a noun that is general and its identity is unknown. articles also act as an adjective in a sentence.
Rules for using the Indefinite articles
Rule1-We can’t use indefinite articles “a and an” before uncountable nouns:
Example- ink. Paper, sugar, tea. But we can say a bottle of ink, a bag of sugar, a cup of tea, a piece of paper.
Rule2–Indefinite articles can be used with countable nouns in the singular form.
a book, an orange, a year, an hour.
A is used before words beginning with a consonant sound, and “an” before words beginning with a vowel sound. Example: an umbrella, an old man, an honest man, a house, a pencil, a cow, a picture, a kg of apples.
Rules for using the definite articles
The definite article“the” is used when we speak of a particular person or thing, or someone or something that has already been referred to.
- I saw a boy and a girl riding on an elephant. The boy was sitting behind the girl on the elephant.
- This is the man who stole a loaf of bread.
- Give me the blue cup.
- He is the man for this job.
“The” is used when a singular countable noun is meant to represent a whole class.
- The cow is a useful animal.
The is used with superlatives.
- Everest is the highest mountain in the world.
- The darkest cloud has a silver lining.
The is used with names of some countries such as
- the USA,
- The Netherlands, and
- the Maldives.
The is used before common nouns, which are names of things which are one of its kind.
- The sun rises in the east.
- The moon goes around the earth and the earth goes around the sun.
The is used with—names of rivers and other water bodies, and names of mountain ranges
- the Yamuna, The Ganga
- The SUCZ Canal
- The Bindhyas, The Himalaya
Great fun with English grammar class 7 solutions-Exercises
Fill in the blanks with a, an or the. Put X where no article is required.
1. China is _______ Asian country.
2. We shall be back in ______ hour and _____ half.
3. _______ electric iron is used for pressing clothes.
4. ________Nile is the longest river in the world.
5. He was elected by _______unanimous vote.
6. _______kangaroo is_____ marsupial.
7. I understand you are going to marry_______ heiress.
8. l like to give_______ useful presents.
9. _______moon waxes and wanes.
10. _______ Pencil is made of ______ piece of ______wood.
11. Pearl is obtained from ______ oyster.
12. 1 would like _____chocolate ice cream and _____strawberry ice cream.
13. ______tea is_____ popular beverage in India.
14._____ baby should not be left alone in _____room.
15. ______cake is made with_____ chocolate, sugar and butter.
16. We have_______ orchard with _____ apple, orange and ____ guava trees.
17.______ street light in _____village is powered by ______solar energy.
|1. an||5- a||9- The||13-X, a|
|2 an, a||6- a||10- X, a, X||14- The, the|
|3- an||7- an||11-X||15-X, X|
|4-The||8- a||12- a, a||16 an, an, a 17. a/the, X|
Great fun with English grammar class 7 solutions- MCQs
Use of Article “The”
We do not use The definite article “The” before——
- Country(India) Not The India, The Pakistan
- Name of capitals( Delhi) not The Delhi, The Chennai
- Name of games(Cricket, Football) not The Cricket
- Plural nouns ( books, Aeroplanes) not the books
- Material of substances(Gold, Siver, Iron) not the Gold, the iron
- Meals ( not The lunch, The breakfast)
The articles are missing in these sentences. Insert appropriate articles wherever necessary and rewrite the sentences.
1. The Mahabharata is a holy book of Hindus.
2. The Himalayas are the highest mountains in the world
3. We stayed at a hotel in the centre of town.
4. An Umbrella is a useful thing.
5. Sri Lanka is an island in the Indian Ocean.
6. The proposal was accepted by a unanimous vote
8. He is an honour to his profession
9. Holiest man is the noblest work of God.
10. The Yamuna is a sacred river.
Great fun with English grammar Class 7 solutions-Chapter 1
B. Fill in the blanks with the appropriate article. Put X where no article is required.
1. I have ….an…. uncle who lives in the home for an elderly. He is an honest man. He used to be a policeman. He once saved a one-year-old boy from a fire. He has many interesting stories.
2. I have two brothers. One, Mridul, who is in college while the other, Mike, who is still in school. Mridul is studying in the most famous college in Delhi. I don’t remember the last time I saw him.
3. Ms Parrot, the most famous lady detective of the twenty-first century, was born in the united kingdom in the 1960s.
4. Since then, she has been to many countries including Portugal, Singapore and Australia, and has lived in the northern hemisphere and the southern hemisphere, as well as on the equator.
5. She has never been to the Philippines or the United States, but she speaks _X_ English, French and Portuguese.
Great fun with English grammar Class 7 solutions-Missing article
The articles have been removed from these well-known proverbs. Rewrite them by tilling in the missing articles so that the sayings make sense.
- A Word to the wise is sufficient.
2. A Bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
3. an apple a day keeps the doctor away.
4. Where there is a will there is a way
5. Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth.
6. A Live ass is better than a dead lion.
7. a/the Pen is mightier than a / the sword