A homecoming worksheet 1 question answers- In this article, we will share with you A homecoming worksheet 1 question answers of class 8 New English ferry book. you can also find the question answers to the New English ferry class 8 literature book.
- The discover Delhi hunt question answers
- The Discover Delhi hunt question answers (80-100 words)
- The Discover Delhi hunt class 8 summary
- Travel class 8 question answers
A homecoming worksheet 1 question answers-New English ferry
Complete these sentences.
1. The narrator was thrilled by the stories of great explorers such as Roald Amundsen and Sir Ernest Shackleton
2. About 1000 kilometres wide, the Drake Passage is the spot where the Atlantic and Southern Oceans merge to give rise to strong currents.
3. Watching the birds in their habitat left the narrator in tears
4. Every time the narrator and his companions got out of the ship, they were asked to jump into a bucket of chemicals to ensure that we brought nothing alien to the land.
5. The Lemaire Channel is an iceberg-filled passage and measures 11 km long and 1600 metres wide.
6. While camping, the narrator and his companions did not sleep inside the tiny sheltered island but in the sleeping bag
A homecoming worksheet 1 question answers class 8
Answer these questions in 30-40 words each.
1. According to the narrator, what images come to mind when one thinks of Antarctica?
Answer- According to the narrator the images that come to mind when one thinks of Antarctica are never ending landscape, ice-covered land-mass and extraordinary diverse wildlife.
2. Why is the Drake Passage ‘dreaded’?
Answer-The Drake Passage is dreaded because it’s about 1000 km wide and it’s the spot where the Atlantic, Pacific and Southern Oceans merge to give rise to strong currents.
3. When were the narrator and his companions expected to reach Danko Island?
Answer- The narrator and his companions were expected to reach Danko Island at 10 p.m that night.
4. What fascinated the group when they trekked up to the top?
Answer-When the group trekked up to the top the view from the top fascinated the group where they saw the penguins waddled from the colony and the icebergs of all hues and sizes floating all around the Island.
5. What made camping adventurous and memorable for the narrator?
Answer-During their camping, they used a tiny sheltered island that protected them from the polar wind. They had no tents but a mat and sleeping bags that were supposed to help them survive the extremely stormy weather. Then they spread their mats and lay down inside their sleeping bags. These incidents made the camping adventures memorable for the narrator.
6. Why do you think the narrator refers to his setting foot on land as `a homecoming’?
Answer- The narrator survived three days of extremely stormy weather in the Drake Passage. He also survived the night against the polar wind without a tent, just with his sleeping bag. Although they had experienced thrilling adventures, it was horrible for the narrator. That’s why the narrator refers to his setting foot on land as a “homecoming.”
New English ferry A homecoming worksheet 1 question answers
C Describe in 60-80 words the narrator’s experience when he went kayaking.
Answer- The narrator had already kayaked, but it was very difficult to kayak in Antarctica because of the wind and water currents. The narrator and their group were excited to go to Petermann Island, and they all went by kayak. This journey was 90 minutes long, and during this time they enjoyed the floating iceberg where penguins glided and seals lazed around them. This journey was full of difficulties which you cannot even imagine.
Solve this crossword with the help of the given clues
2. arrange for a seat on a plane, train or bus —— Reservation
4. an extended period of leisure and recreation —- vacation
6. a planned route or journey — itinerary
8. travel for recreation – Holiday
1. a strong urge to travel — Wanderlust
3. a journey undertaken with the purpose of research or exploration — Expedition
5. visiting places of interest, or social or historical importance —Sightseeing
7. a thing kept as a reminder of 4i place or an event — souvenir
A homecoming worksheet 1 question answers Solutions
Tick the correct meanings of these idiomatic expressions.
1. leave a sinking ship
a. abandon something which is certain to fail (✔ )
b. desert a ship that is about to sink ( )
c. leave a ship without informing others on board ( )
2. when your ships come in
a. a joyous occasion to be celebrated( )
b. referring to a time when one will have good luck(✔ )
c. talking about a time when one goes on a vacation ( )
3. hitch your wagon to a star
a. hopelessly imaginative and impractical thinking ( )
b. unwilling to listen to reason( )
c. highly ambitious and determined to reach a goal(✔ )
4. my way or the highway
a. listen to what I propose or leave (✔)
b. accept what I say and continue with the task( )
c. contradict what I say and propose new ideas ( )
5. on the home stretch
a. approaching one’s home country ( )
b. deciding to stay where one is comfortable ( )
c. the last part of something that is being done (✔)
A homecoming worksheet 1 question answers notes
Fill in the blanks with the correct verbs from the brackets.
1. Jane and her sister are present today.
2. Milk and cornflakes are popular breakfasts.
3. The dog or the cat (has eaten the cheese.
4. Neha doesn’t know where her book is.
5. The President and the Secretary visit the town often.
6. One of my cousins is going abroad to take up a job.
7. The famous artist and poet live in this neighbourhood.
8. The prices of all essential commodities have gone up recently.
Worksheet 1 A homecoming class 8 questions and answers
B Fill in the blanks with the simple present tense of the verbs in brackets. Make sure that the verb agrees with the subject.
1. Either Garima or I are going to decorate the classroom for Parents’ Day.
2. The mother sparrow, with all her chicks, lives in her nest.
3. Each one of these articles is interesting.
4. Nobody knows the problems Navin is facing at present.
5. Each of the participants receives a certificate at the end of the quiz.
6. The host and his wife welcome all the guests warmly.
7. Neither solution seems acceptable to me.
8. There are sixteen oranges in the basket.
A homecoming worksheet 1 question answers -grammar
C Rewrite these sentences correctly.
- The musician, as well as the guitarist, perform admirably.
- The duck, with all her ducklings, was swimming in the pond.
- The author and playwright always speak modestly.
- Where are the tongs I bought yesterday?
- Either Karishma or her brothers have watered the plants.
- The troop of monkeys are making faces at the visitors to the zoo.
- My jeans are torn. I must get a new pair.
- The information contained in this article is true.
Notes- A homecoming worksheet 1 question answers
Match the words in the columns to form compound adjectives.
|Column A||Column B|
New English ferry worksheet 1 A homecoming notes
B Rewrite these sentences by inserting hyphens in the correct places.
1. It was a well lit room.
Answer-It was a well-lit room.
2. Priti likes to buy her dresses only from well known stores.
Answer- Priti likes to buy her dresses only from well-known stores.
3. These computer aided designs are really good.
Answer- These computer-aided designs are really good.
4. Rahul has custom built furniture both in his office and at home.
Answer- Rahul has custom-built furniture both in his office and at home.
5. Smriti and her mother in law run a quaint chocolate shop.
Answer- Smriti and her mother-in-law run a quaint chocolate shop.
6. There are many high rise residential complexes in this part of the town.
Answer- There are many high-rise residential complexes in this part of the town.
7. Lack of confidence in one’s capabilities can result in low self esteem.
Answer- Lack of confidence in one’s capabilities can result in low self-esteem.
8. The commander in chief of the armed forces has called for an emergency meeting today.
Answer- The commander-in-chief of the armed forces has called for an emergency meeting today.