The Discover Delhi hunt question answers class 8, New English Ferry, Chapter 1- Here you can find all the question-answers of New English Ferry, Chapter-1 “The Discover Delhi hunt. in this post, you will get the solutions to chapter-1, The Discover Delhi hunt with a great explanation. The solutions of “Discover Delhi hunt question answers class 8 contains questions-answers and explanations of the complete chapter 1 titled “The Discover Delhi hunt” of New English ferry class 8. If you belong to class 8 then you must follow the question and answers which will help you in your exam preparation. Here you can find the complete English Solution for New English Ferry Class 8.
Discover Delhi hunt question answers class 8 Chapter1
These solutions in “The Discover Delhi hunt question answers class 8″ are best for the students from their exam point of view. Follow these solutions and prepare accordingly. the solution to chapter1″The Discover Delhi hunt” Chapter 1 will help you with your homework.
For a better understanding of this chapter1, “The Discover Delhi hunt”, you should also see the summary,questions-answers, MCQs and grammar of New English Ferry of chapter 1
The Discover Delhi hunt question answers class 8- New English Ferry
A- Answer these questions within 20 words each.
1. Where were Rehan’s parents planning to host his birthday party?
Ans- Rehan’s Parents were planning to host his birthday party at a newly opened mall in Gurgaon.
2. In what ways were Saba and Rehan similar?
Ans-Rehan and Saba were similar because both Rehaan and Saba did not like to enjoy or arrange parties in malls. Both were very much fund of adventure.
3. Who was the quizzer in the group and who was the one most interested in food?
Ans-Khusi was the quizzer in the group and Manmeet was the one most interested in food.
4. Where did the friends remember seeing the canopy whose photo Vikram had?
Ans-The friends remembered seeing the canopy on the way to the mosque whose photo Vikram had
5. Where did Rehan cut his birthday cake?
Ans- Rehan cut his birthday cake at Metcalfe’s folly under the dome with his family members and friends
The Discover Delhi hunt question answers class 8- Explanation
B. Answer the question in 30 words each
- What was the Discover Delhi Hunt?
Ans-Discover Delhi Hunt means to rediscover the valuable things that exist in our country. The theme of the story is to show the path to our new generation to know about our cultural glories and historic monuments which we are forgetting with time.
2. Why did Rehan like being at the dargah in Nizamuddin Bashi?
Ans-Rehan liked being at the dargah in Nizamuddin Basti because Rehaan felt that the saint was blessing him on his birthday and most of all, Rehan liked the peace and calm of that place.
3. ‘This was a good idea!’ What idea was Rehan referring to?
Ans- “This was a good idea”. Actually, Saba had given the idea to Rehan that it is better to give some gifts to others than to take gifts on his birthday. Saba’s idea was to distribute gifts among the young children of a municipal school in Nizamuddin Basti.
4. What was unusual about the birthday gift that Saba gave Rehan?
Ans-Saba had given Rehan a big cardboard box as a birthday gift, inside which were kept many small pieces of wood. These pieces were nothing but a 3d jigsaw puzzle to solve; perhaps someone would have given such an unusual gift to someone on his birthday.
5. In what condition was Balban’s tomb?
Ans-Balban’s octagonal tomb was in ruined condition but all its arches were in good shape.
The Discover Delhi hunt question answers class 8- New English ferry Solution
D Read these sentences and answers the questions that follow.
1. ‘Thanks, Uncle! Couldn’t have done this without your help,’ said Saba.
a. Who was ‘Uncle’?
Ans-Air commodore Narendra Sharma was the uncle.
b. What could Saba not have done without his help?
Ans-Saba and her friends couldn’t visit the Airforce Museum at Palam without the help of Uncle Sharma.
c. Why had she planned to do ‘this’?
Ans-In order to celebrate Rehan’s birthday party in a different way, Saba had planned to visit the Air Force Museum to gather some knowledge and to perform a previously planned task among their friends inside the Air force museum.
2. (Upar Dekho! Look up!’ said Zarine, pointing to the ceiling.
a. Where was Zarine?
Zarine was near the tomb of Jamali and Kamali.
b. Why did she ask the others to lookup?
Ans-Ans-Zarine asked everyone to look up because their task was to find an intricate design that should have been blue and red in colour. And they got to see that design on the roof of Jamali and Kamali’s tomb.
c. What were they doing?
Ans-They were looking around Jamali and Kamali’s tomb to solve the puzzle with the clue given to complete their task.
The Discover Delhi hunt question answers class 8-Reader book New English ferry
A. Match the travel idioms with their meanings.
|Of the beaten track||something that is not popularly or commonly known or done|
|Live out of a suitcase||stay very briefly in several places, never unpacking one’s luggage|
|Hit the road||begin a journey|
|Have itchy feet||have a strong urge to move from place to place|
|The highways and byways||all the different aspects of something|
|Jump on the bandwagon||do something that is already successful or fashionable|
New English Ferry class 8-chapter1 solutions
The Discover Delhi hunt question answers class 8
Complete these sentences with the idioms in Exercise A. You may have to change the form of some verbs.
1. Neha packed her bags and was ready to hit the road the very next morning.
2. Meera’s choice of profession as an art therapist was often looked upon as of the beaten track.
3. With a hectic sales job that demanded travel, my father spent the greater part of his life living out of a suitcase
4. Avi’s dream was to learn the highways and byways of Hindustan classical music so that he could pursue it as a career.
5. My neighbour has itchy feet, she rarely stays put at a job for a long time.
6. Some were initially doubtful about the political candidate but decided to jump on the bandwagon as soon as she won the elections.
Solutions-The Discover Delhi hunt question answers class 8
Fill in the blanks with the correct option from the brackets.
1. The scissors (was/were) lying on the table.
2. My luggage (is/are) so heavy that I cannot lift it.
3. No one (like/likes) to be alone.
4. The bridges (is/are) being built by the masons.
5. We may (cancel/cancels) our trip to the seaside on Sunday.
6. The army (march/marches) onto the battlefield.
B Fill in the blanks with the correct form of the verbs in brackets.
The Discover Delhi hunt question answers class 8- fill in the blanks
1. ‘Nobody (want) to eat cupcakes,’ said Sana to her mother.
2. The staff at the hospital (eat) at the canteen every day.
3. ‘I do not know where my baggage (be)!’ shrieked Samantha.
4. Ravi always (lose) the key to his flat.
5. The boy, along with his family (be) enjoying the picnic at the moment
6. Thirty kilometres (be) a long-distance!
MCQs-The Discover Delhi hunt chapter 1-New English ferry
The Discover Delhi hunt question answers class 8-Correct the errors
C Read these sentences and correct the errors if any.
1. Neither John nor Jim was present at the event.
2. The stray dogs bark at night and wake us up.
3. The lions, along with their cubs, are sleeping by the waterfall.
4. A swarm of bees is buzzing above the gardener’s head.
5. Jina or her friends is always listening to rock music on their music players.
6. My sister might meet me at the station.
New English Ferry solutions “The Discover Delhi hunt-Chapter 1”
I) Read this passage. Correct the errors of subject-verb agreement.
Rehan and his friend Vikram is very excited. Saba, Rehan’s cousin, along with his parents are planning a treat for him on his birthday. Neither Rehan nor Vikram know what the plan is. Saba and Rehan’s mother is making elaborate arrangements to celebrate his birthday. Rehan has invited his closest friends and everyone are eager to participate in the Discover Delhi Hunt organised by Saba. Khushi, his classmate, is one of the best quizzers in the school and are famous for cracking the toughest clues. So, everybody are looking forward to seeing their ace quizzer in action. Saba is amused to see how enthusiastic the group are.
Ans-Rehan and his friend Vikram are very excited. Saba, Rehan’s cousin, along with his parents is planning a treat for him on his birthday. Neither Rehan nor Vikram knows what the plan is. Saba and Rehan’s mother are making elaborate arrangements to celebrate his birthday. Rehan has invited his closest friends and everyone is eager to participate in the Discover Delhi Hunt organised by Saba. Khushi, his classmate, is one of the best quizzers in the school and is famous for cracking the toughest clues. So, everybody is looking forward to seeing their ace quizzer in action. Saba is amused to see how enthusiastic the group are.
New English ferry Chapter 1- Grammar
The Discover Delhi hunt question answers class 8-Compound adjective
f) Match the words in the columns to form compound adjectives.
B Use the compound adjectives from Exercise A to complete these sentences.
- A Solar-powered car uses the energy of the sun instead of petrol for fuel.
2. The high levels of pollution will have short-sighted effects on the health of the people
3. The man stood empty-handed by the street, waiting for someone to offer him some help.
4. Products that are made using recycled wood or paper are called eco-friendly as they save trees.
5. A lot of the electrical appliances in homes are low cost, so they are cheaper to use.
6. This plan seems short-sighted as it doesn’t consider the future of the company.
FAQs-The Discover Delhi hunt question answers class 8
Q1-Who was the quizzer in the group The discover Delhi hunt
Ans-Khusi was the quizzer in the group
Q2-Who was the foodie in the Discover Delhi hunt?
Manmeet was the foodie in the discover delhi hunt
Q3- Who own a big box of Jalebi in the group?
Ans-Bijoy a quiet boy won the big box of jalebi.
Q4- “Uper dekho! Look up!” who said this?
Ans-Zarine said this to all.