The old oak tree class 6 new english ferry solutions- here we will share The old oak tree class 6 new english ferry solutions. Students will find “The Old Tree Class 6 Question Answers” in this article. Please go through the entire content and write it down in your copy and practice accordingly.
The old oak tree class 6 new english ferry solutions
- The cherry tree Anagram and Homophones
- The cherry tree question answers class 6 chapter-1
- Daffodils Question answers class 6 chapter-2
- Mowgli finds his family class 6 question answers
- Mr Peterkin’s summer journey question answers
- The old oak tree questions and answers
Read these sentences and answer the questions that follow.
1. ‘So do I, Vikram. I find it hard to breathe sometimes.’
a. Where were the schoolchildren standing?
Answer- The schoolchildren were standing beneath the tree.
b. Why did the speaker find it difficult to breathe?
Answer- The speaker found it difficult to breathe due to the smog and dirt present in the air.
c. What measures had the schoolchildren taken to protect themselves?
Answer- The school children were wearing masks on their faces in order to protect themselves.
2. You know, there were so many of us back then. I had three brothers, two sisters and about ten cousins. We were so happy.’
a. Who said these words and to whom?
Answer- The old oak tree said these words to the two squirrels that were playing on its branch.
b. What ‘happy’ times did the speaker refer to here?
Answer- The speaker was thinking of his happier past where he had his entire family that consisted of three brothers, two sisters and about ten cousins. He lived with her family very happy.
c. What do the speaker’s words tell us about human need and greed?
Answer- The speaker’s words tell us that humans unnecessarily cut down trees for making furniture and also use them in construction. Due to this, they have already cut down their family members one by one for their needs and greed.
The old oak tree questions and answers class 6 new english ferry
Answer these questions briefly.-The old oak tree class 6 new english ferry solutions
1. Where did the old oak tree stand?
Answer- The old oak tree stood on a large vacant plot reserved for the building of a mall.
2. Why was the oak tree sad?
Answer- The old oak tree was sad because of the pollution created by humans by unnecessarily cutting trees. He found it difficult to breathe and felt suffocated due to the smog and the dust present in the air.
3. Why did the oak tree feel suffocated?
Answer- The tree felt suffocated due to the smog and the dust present in the air.
4. What happened to the vacant land in the end?
Answer- In the end, the vacant land is turned into a garden instead of a mall. Now there is much greenery around the vacant place
The old oak tree poem explanation-New english ferry
1) Answer these questions. The old oak tree class 6 new english ferry solutions
I. Why do you think the land was parched?
Answer- The entire land is vacant and is preserved for a mall. There is no tree, nor is there any rain. The whole area is covered with smog and dust particles. That’s why we think that the land was parched.
2. What had the boy’s grandfather told him about his childhood?
Answer- The boy’s grandfather had told him about his childhood that they used to play in a huge playground near his house every day and the atmosphere was always clean and fresh.
3. What did the oak tree tell the two squirrels about his family?
Answer- The old tree told the two squirrels about his family that, he had a big family. He had three brothers, two sisters, and about ten cousins. His parents were so tall that they towered above them. They lived a happy life altogether.
4. What had happened to the oak tree’s family?
Answer- One by one, his family members were taken away by the humans to make furniture and use them in construction work. His family members and all his friends have been cut down for the sake of human greed and need.
5. Why did the oak tree say that he had little to look forward to?
Answer- After losing all his friends and family, when some children and two squirrels came to him, the oak tree said that he still has something to see because there is still some hope that there will be some changes in the times to come.
6. What changes made the oak tree feel hopeful about the future?
Answer- The Oak Tree saw that new saplings were being planted in that vacant place, older boys were using carpool, and some small children were cycling back to home instead of using car buses and two-wheelers and watching the procession of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan. By seeing these changes, the oak tree was optimistic about a beautiful future.
New english ferry class 6 question answers-The old oak tree
Read the good habits for you to practice as an eco-friendly person. Fill in the blanks with the words from the box.
( Conscious, Need, Littering, Reuse, Farmers, Fruit trees, bicycle, Preserving)
I. Do not buy what you do not need.
2. Be conscious of every drop of water that you use.
3. Stop littering; participate in cleanliness drives.
4. Recycle and reuse paper so that more trees are not felled.
5. Do not waste food, encourage local farmers by buying what is locally grown.
6. Grow fruit trees and flowers in your garden to invite birds, squirrels and bees,
7. Whenever possible, use a bicycle or take a brisk walk instead of using a car or two-wheeler.
8. Enroll yourself in eco clubs, and do what you can to pass On the messages about the importance of preserving the environment.
New english ferry class 6 chapter 5 question answer
A. Match the phrasal verbs to their meanings fromThe old oak tree class 6 new english ferry solutions
New english ferry class 6 chapter 5 the old oak tree solutions
Identify the tense of each sentence- Simple present, Simple past, Simple future. Write it in the blank.
- We had kulfi last night —————- Simple past
- I cook only on Sundays. ————– Simple present
- She will turn twelve this month. ——————– Simple future
- Vidushi studied for two hours last evening. ————— Simple past
- I will ask the plumber to fix the leaking tap. ———— Simple future
- Mini plays badminton every day.————— Simple present
The old oak tree new english ferry solutions
Do as directed-The old oak tree class 6 new english ferry solutions
1. We reached Goa at 10 a.m. (Change to the simple future)
Ans- We will reach Goa at 10 am.
2. Father painted the wall. (Change to the simple present tense)
Ans- Father paints the wall.
3. Feroze will build a sandcastle. (Change to the simple past)
Ans-Feroze built a sandcastle.
4. Girish planted a tree. (Change to the simple present tense)
Ans- Girish plants a tree.
5. This is a lovely park. (Change to the simple past)
Ans-This was a lovely park.
6. Kusum waters the plants. (Change to the simple past tense)
Ans- Kusum watered the plants.
English ferry class 6 question answer
Complete these sentences using the present continuous or the past continuous tense of the verbs in brackets.
1.Boris ______________ (skate) when he fell and twisted his ankle.
Ans- Boris was skating when he fell and twisted his ankle.
2. Don’t disturb Tiya. She _______ (talk) to her friend.
Ans- Don’t disturb Tiya, She is talking to her friend.
3. I _______(study) now.
Ans- I am studying now.
4. He ______ (have) a bath when I called him.
Ans- he had a bath when I called him.
5. They ______________ (play) with their grandparents now.
Ans- They are playing with their grandparents now.
6. The rabbits _________( hop) around in the garden at the moment.
Ans- The rabbits are hopping around the garden at the moment.
English ferry class 6 chapter 5 question answer
Fill in the blanks with the future continuous tense of the verbs in brackets from The old oak tree class 6 new english ferry solutions
1.The time next week, Mrinal _____________ (travel) to Hawaii.
Ans- The time next week, Mrinal will travel to Hawaii.
2. Our plane _________ (take off) soon.
Ans- Our plane will take off soon.
3. When he goes to Chennai, he _____ (stay) with his friends.
Ans- When he goes to Chennai, he will stay with his friends.
4. I _______ (eat) parathas for breakfast. Do you want to join me?
Ans- I will eat parathas for breakfast. Do you want to join me?
5. I _______ ( meet) Prerna over the weekend.
Ans- I will meet Prerna over the weekend.6.
6. The chief guest _______ (arrive) in a few minutes.
Ans- The chief guest will arrive in a few minutes.