Planning a surprise class 8 question answers- Hello Dear students, today we will share Planning A Surprise class 8 Questions & Answers of New English ferry book. Planning A Surprise is an extract from Louisa May Alcott’s famous novel ‘Little Women’.
In our previous posts, we have shared the questions and answers about Discover Delhi hunt and travel so, you can check these posts as well.
- Discover Delhi hunt question answers
- Discover Delhi hunt question answers (80-100 words)
- Travel question answer
Planning a surprise class 8 question answers- New English ferry
Queryexpress is the best choice for the students of class 8 to understand the English literature book New English ferry. Because the subject expert has provided all the solutions to the questions Planning a surprise class 8 question answers of New English ferry.
Students can download or copy-paste the answers from queryexpress for free. These Solutions to Planning a surprise for the Class 8 New English ferry will definitely help students prepare for their upcoming examinations. We are here to give the students a clear view of the chapter and the best answer pattern. Here we will solve the Vocabulary, Grammar, Fill in the blanks and many more from chapter 3 “Planning a surprise”.
Apart from that we also help ICSE students with their solutions to English ( Dreamcatcher), Chemistry and Biology.
Vocabulary– Planning a surprise class 8 solutions
Planning a surprise class 8 question answers- McMillan education
Which part of speech is the underlined word used as?
I. She placed the painting carefully on the table. —Verb
2. You can come over to my place tomorrow.— Noun
3. Why can’t you walk straight?— Adverb
4. ‘Now, draw a straight line in your notebooks,’ said the teacher to the students. — Noun
5. This ladder is six feet long — Adjective
6. Mother sat with me long into the night. — noun
Planning a surprise class 8 solutions- New English ferry
B Given below are some words. Make sentences with them to show their usage as two different parts of speech. The first pair of sentences has been done for you.
1. brick – my home is made of fire bricks (noun)
My mobile was bricked during a play (verb)
2. pull – He is pulling me(verb)
Give him a pull (noun)
3. stamp – I have stored lots of stamps in my cupboard. (noun)
Don’t stamp your feet on the floor (verb)
4. fast — I am fasting today (verb)
He is running fast (adverb)
5. wound – The wounded tiger was roaring (adjective)
He has a wound on his forehead (noun)
Planning a surprise class 8 class notes-new English ferry
- Fill in the blanks with the simple present tense of the verbs in brackets.
solved question answers of chapter 3 Planning a surprise New English ferry
- The sun _______ ( rise) in the east
- The dog ________ (play) in the garden every morning.
- The bells ________ ( toll) when the gate _______ (open)
- The alarm _______ ( ring) exacrly at 6 a.m every day.
- My grandfather _______ ( drink) tea every evening.
Answer- ( rises, plays, toll/ opens, rings, drinks)
- Fill in the blanks with the present continuous tense of the verbs in brackets.
Reena is looking at a picture of a jungle. In it, three monkeys are swinging from the trees, two pythons are hanging from a branch of a tree, and a colourful bird is flying in the sky. An elephant is drinking water from a pool. A leopard is lying still on a large, smooth rock. Four butterflies are sipping nectar from some wildflowers. An orangutan is smiling at a baby giraffe.
The notes of the chapter planning a surprise class 8 new English ferry
C. Fill in the with the past continuous tense of the verbs in brackets
1, The guard __________(wave) the green Flag when the porters collided.
2. The child _______________ (eat) his meal when he spotted a squirrel.
3. He ________________ (plan) to visit Agra but changed his mind.
4. While he _______(sleep), someone took his laptop.
5. ____________ (be) you ___________(look) for me yesterday?
Answer-( was waving, was eating, was planning, was sleeping, were you looking)
Planning a surprise class 8 question answers-Grammar new English ferry
D Fill in the blanks with the present perfect tense verbs of your choice
1. She _________in New York all her life.
2. Mary______ her notebook in the school bus.
3. I _________ in this company for a long time.
4. He ______________two books and is planning to write another one.
5. She _______________ to Mumbai for a month.
Answer-(Has stayed, has forgotten, have been, has, has gone)
planning a surprise class 8 question answers -chapter 3 tense
E Fill in the blanks with the simple past or past perfect tense of the verbs in brackets.
1. My aunt __________(take) us to the zoo yesterday.
2. Angie _____________ (lose) her bag in the mall.
3. After she _________________ (leave), I found the key.
4. She ________________ (establish) her company in 1985.
5. He ___________(live) in Barcelona in 2000.
6. The teacher __________(ask) us if we __________ (study) for the test.
Answer-( took, lost, left, established, lived, asked/studied)
Chapter 3 Planning a surprise class 8 solutions
Fill in the blanks with the correct letters to complete these words. The meanings of the words are given in brackets.
- GOR______ (very beautiful)
- DE _______ ( To trick someone)
- DIA ______ ( when two people or groups discuss something)
- SO _______ ( the state of being completely alone)
- EN _______ ( To surround something)
- PRE ______ ( an animal that preys on others)
Answer- (gorgeous, Deceive, Dialogue, solitude, Enclose, Predator)
Arrange these words in alphabetical order.
1-Convert 2- Cohort, 3- Crackle, 4- Concoction, 4- Caustic, 6- Centaur, 7- Chaplain, 8- Compliment
Answer- Caustic, Centaur, Chaplain, Cohort, Compliment, Concoction, Convert, Crackle
Click Below-For Long Answer type questions in the subject Planning a surprise class 8 question answers