Class 7 grammar trove chapter 1 solutions- Here we will share Class 7 grammar trove chapter 1 solutions. if you are looking for Class 6 grammar trove chapter 1 solutions and answers then you are in the right place. queryexpress provides the best and most accurate solutions to Class 7 grammar trove chapter 1 solutions.
Class 7 grammar trove chapter 1 solutions- Sentences
|1||Class 7 grammar trove chapter 1 solutions|
|2||Class 7 grammar trove chapter 2 solutions|
|3||Class 7 grammar trove chapter 3 solutions|
A sentence is defined as a group of words that expresses a complete sense. A sentence is made up of two parts.
Example of a sentence-
a) Rama is playing football– Where “Rama” is the subject and “is playing football“ is a predicate.
Class 7 grammar trove chapter 1 solutions and notes
Worksheet – 1
Put a tick (✔) in front of the group of words, which are sentences and put a cross (X) against those which are not:
1. At the right time.(X)
2. A piece of cake.(✔)
3. What a stupid story you have told me.(✔)
4. In the west (X)
5. There he was (X)
6. Sit down.(✔)
7. I did not like it.(✔)
8. At the station.(X)
10 To the right.(X)
Grammar trove class 7 worksheets question answers
Worksheet – 2
Identify whether the given sentences are simple, compound or complex. Also, underline the clauses:
1. Helen Keller was born in Tuscumbia, Alabama, in 1880 and she died in 1968. (Compound Sentence)
2. At the age of 19 months, a severe illness left her deaf and blind. (Simple Sentence)
3. When she was seven, she began her education in reading and writing with Anne Sullivan of the Perkins Institute for the Blind. (Complex Sentence)
4. Anne broke through Helen’s walls of silence and darkness and taught her to communicate.(Compound Sentence)
5. Helen Keller learnt to read by the Braille system, and she learnt to write by using a specially constructed typewriter. (Compound Sentence)
6. Helen Keller’s story needed to be told, so in 1962, a beautiful movie was made about her life.(Compound Sentence)
7. Helen Keller once rightly said, if there were only joys in the world, we could never learn to be brave and patient. (Complex Sentence)
Grammar Trove class 7 Chapter 1 solutions
Combine the sentences according to the instructions given in the brackets:
1. Joe played football. His brother went shopping.– (Join to make a complex sentence)
Answer- Joe played football while his brother went shopping.
2. She did well. She studied and practiced hard. (Join to make a complex sentence)
Answer-She did well because she studied and practiced hard.
3. He finished his studies. He put away his books. (Join to make a compound sentence)
Answer-He finished his studies and put away his books.
4. She confessed. She was guilty. (Join to make a complex sentence)
Answer-She confessed that she was guilty.
5. The rain poured. We took shelter under a tree. (Join to make a compound sentence)
Answer-The rain poured so we took shelter under the tree.
6. He threw off his coat. He jumped into the river. (Join to make a compound sentence)
Answer-He threw off his coat and jumped into the river.
7. I went to the opera. I enjoy classical music. (Join to make a complex sentence)
Answer-I enjoy classical music, therefore, I went to the opera.
8. He was rejected. It was due to weak sight. (Join to make a simple sentence)
Answer-Due to his weak sight, he was rejected.
9. We must eat. We cannot live. (Join to make a simple sentence)
Answer- We must eat to live.