Inspired history icse class 6 solutions-here we are going to solve the question answer of Inspired history icse class 6 solutions. this is the first chapter which tells about Prehistory and history. this is an important chapter where the student of class 6 icse will learn the basics of history. Inspired history class 6 by Orient black swan deals with the syllabus that helps class 6 students to learn and gather knowledge of Indian history.
- Plant life chapter 1 icse class 6
- Plant life chapter 1 icse class 6 long answer
- Plant life Chapter 1 ICSE class 6-extra question
Inspired history icse class 6 solutions-Syllabus
- Chapter-1 Prehistory and History
- Chapter-2 The Indus Valley Civilisation
- Chapter-3 The Mesopotamian Civilisation
- Chapter-4 The Egyptian Civilisation
- Chapter-5 The Chinese Civilisation
- Chapter-6 The early Vedic age
- Chapter-7 The later Vedic age
- Chapter-8 Jainism and Buddhism
- Chapter-9 Rise of Kingdoms and Republics
- Chapter-10 The Mauryan Empire
- Chapter-11 The Gupta Empire
- Chapter-12 kingdoms of South India
- Chapter-13 Rural Local Self-Government
- Chapter-14 Urban Local Self-Government
Inspired history icse class 6 solutions-Fill in the blanks
- The study of ancient things is called_________ (archaeology)
- Objects, such as tools and pottery, made by human beings a long time ago is called __________ (artefacts)
- The process of digging up something is called _________ (excavation)
- Solid impressions or remains of plants or animals on rocks or ice is called _________ (fossils)
- Official (usually royal) proclamations carved into rocks and pillars are _________( stone edicts)
- Writings on hard surfaces like stones, metal or rocks is called _________ (inscription)
- A book or a document that has been handwritten____________ (manuscript)
- A building of historic importance numismatics: the study of coins __________ (monument)
- The study of human past is broadly divided into two parts ________ and ________
- The main source of prehistory are __________ and ________ ( archeology and oral history)
- ___________ conducts tests on excavated objects to find out their age. ( archaeologists)
- The source of history are _______, ________, ______ and _________ ( written records, inscription, coins, monuments)
- ________ is a place where things discovered from the past are kept carefully.( Museum)
- ________ is the study of physical remains of the past. (archeology)
- Dogs were tamed almost _______ years ago. (12,000)
- _______ is the method of discover the age of an object. ( carbon dating)
- Handwritten records are called _______ ( manuscripts)
- Writings carved on hard surfaces are called _______ ( inscription)
- Written records of history may broadly be classified as _____, _____ & _____ ( religious writing, secular writings, accounts of travelers)
- ______ is the Latin word that means around or approximately. ( Circa)
Inspired history icse class 6 solutions-MCQs
A. Fill in the blanks.
1. History is a ____________account of the past.
2. People who study the material remains of the past , buried under the earth, are called ________
3. Handwritten records are called _____________
4. Literary sources of history can be classified as _________________ and ____________
5. The Harshacharita was written by _____________
6. Some of the most famous India inscriptions found are the edicts of _________
7._____________is a Latin word that indicates that the exact date of an event is not known.
Answer--( Written, archaeology, manuscripts, Religion writing and secular writing, Banabhat, Ashoka, Circa)
Inspired history icse class 6 solutions-Orient black swan
- ___________ is a written account of events of the past.
- ____________ are writings made on hard surfaces rock and metal.
- The study of __________ is known as numismatics.
- Megasthenes visited India during the reign of the Guptas.( T)
- CE stands for _____________
- BCE stands for ___________
Inspired history icse class 6 solutions-multiple choice questions
1. The study of the written account of the human past is known as_____________
a) archaeology b) anthropology c) geology d) history
2. Objects produced or crafted by humans in the past are known as ____________
a) inscriptions b) monuments c) edicts d) artefacts
3. The Sanchi Stupa is an example of______________
a) an archaeological site a monument c) an edict d) a fossil
4. A period of 100 years is known as______________
a) a decade b) a millennium c) century d) a score
Answer- ( History, Artefacts, A monuments, A century)
Inspired history icse class 6 solutions- question answers
Answer in brief.
- What is archaeology?
Answer-Archaeology means the study of ancient things or physical remains of the past.
- On what materials were early manuscripts written?
Answer- Early manuscripts were written on dried palm leaves, trees’ bark, and parchment.
- Name two religious books which provide information about Indian history.
Answer- Puranas and Tripitakas are religious books that provide information about Indian history.
- Name the foreign travellers to India whose accounts are valuable sources of history.
Answer- Megasthenes, faxing and Xuan Zang were the foreign travellers to India whose accounts were valuable resources of history.
- What are monuments?
Answer- Monuments are the buildings that tell us a great deal about the past, the age in which they were built and the people who created them.
- What is meant by BCE and CE?
Answer- The years before the birth of Christ is known as BCE which stands for Before common era and the years after the birth of Christ are known as CE which stands for Common era.
Inspired history icse class 6 solutions- Answer in Details
- Why do we study history?
Answer-we study history to know about people, places and events of the past. it tells us how and where people lived, what they did and what their customs and beliefs were. History shows us how things are changing and also tells us the factors that caused these changes. It also tells us how cultures developed and how beautiful works of art were created.
- How are history and prehistory different?
Answer- History is studied mostly from written or documented accounts. They are based on evidence like manuscripts, monuments, inscriptions and coins but prehistory deals with a very distant past where there are no written records. The main sources of information on prehistory are archaeology and oral tradition that is stories handed down from generation to generation.
- How is archaeology useful in the study of prehistory?
Answer-as we know Prehistory is the time when people did not know how to read and write. Therefore archaeology is the only source that can tell about ancient things. They excavated the archaeological sites and study the artefacts and fossils carefully to understand the ancient past. They determine their dates and tell us about their lives in the past.
- What are the different written or documented sources from which we learn history? Give examples.
Answer-Different written or documented sources from which we learn history are manuscripts, inscriptions, monuments, and coins. These are the written evidence from which history is written.
- How do coins help us learn about history?
Answer- coins have important stories to tell us about history. Many ancient coins had pictures of, court scenes, and the figures of Gods and Goddess faces of kings and queens on both sides. These pictures tell a lot more about the past like the ancient kings, their battles and how and whom they worship.
- What are inscriptions? How do they help us study the past?
Answer-Inscriptions are writings carved on hard surfaces like metal, stone walls, rocks and pillars. Through inscription, we study the king, the people and the religious and social life of people during that period.
1 thought on “Inspired history icse class 6 solutions|Prehistory and history”