Total english practice paper 6 class 10 solution- Here we will share the Total english practice paper 6 class 10 solution. Read the content carefully and write it down in your copy so that you can practice accordingly.
Total english practice paper 6 class 10 solution
If you are looking for Total english practice paper 6 class 10 solutions, then you are at the right place. Please bookmark this page as we have created the most accurate question answers for Total english practice paper 6 class 10 solutions. Here we cover the chapter-wise solutions to all the practice papers with assignments for class 10 of Total English (Morning Star). You can also find the questions and answers for Total english class 9 on queryexpress.com.
Total english practice paper 6 class 10 solution-Assignments
- Testpaper 2 Total English class 10 question answers
- Testpaper 3 Total English class 10 question answers
- Testpaper 4 Total English class 10 question answers
- Testpaper 5 Total English class 10 solutions
In each of the following items, sentence A is complete, but sentence B is incomplete. Complete sentence B each time making it as similar as possible in meaning so that it could replace A. Make B one sentence, not two. No changes of any kind may be made to the printed parts of the B sentences.
1. A. I said to the guard, “When does the next train come in?”
B. I asked the guard
Ans- I asked the guard when the next train came in.
2. A. The spectators said, “Bravo! Well played, Pankaj.”
B. The spectators cheered Pankaj and said
Ans- The spectators cheered Pankaj and said that he had played well.
3. A. The students said, “How tough the paper is!”
B. The students exclaimed
Ans- The students exclaimed that the paper was very tough.
4. The mother said, “Bunty, I have often told you not to tell lies.”
B. The mother told Bunty
Ans- The mother told Bunty that she had often told him not to tell the lies.
5. “Hurry up, Rajan,” said his mother. “You’ll be missing the school bus.”
B. The mother told Rajan
Ans- The mother told Rajan to hurry up otherwise he would be missing the school bus.
6. A. Rama confessed that she had been very impatient.
B. Rama said, ”
Ans-Rama said, “you had been very impatient”.
7. He wished that he might have some food.
B. He said,
Ans- He said, “let me have some food”.
8. A. The teacher said to the class, “I shall prove now that the earth moves around the sun.”
B. The teacher told the class
Ans- The teacher told the class that he should prove now that the earth moves around the sun.
9. A. He told me that he could defeat me in swimming.
B. He said to me, ”
Ans- He said to me, “I can defeat you in racing”.
10. A. He inquired of me if I knew the way.
B. He said to me,
Ans- He said to me, “do you know the way”.
Total english chapter 6 class 10 solutions
II. Rewrite the following according to the instructions given after each sentence. Change only what you are asked and make a correct sentence. Do not alter the meaning You have to make your sentence say the same thing in a different way.
1. “It may rain this evening,” said the mother.
Begin : The mother said that
Ans-The mother said that it might rain that evening
2. The teacher told the children not to play on the road.
End :” _____ said the teacher.
Ans- “Children Don’t play on the road,” said the teacher.
3. -How cold the tea is!” said Meera. “May I warm it up?”
Begin: Meera exclaimed
Ans- Meera exclaimed how cold the tea was. She asked whether she might warm it up.
4. “Are there enough pencils left, Atul?” said Joe.
Begin: Joe asked Atul
Ans- Joe asked Atul if there were enough pencils left
5. “ How lovely your sari is!” said the little girl to her mother.
Begin: The little girl told her mother
Ans-The little girl told her mother that her sari was lovely.
6. The teacher said, “Let me have some tea.”
Begin: The teacher wished
Ans- The teacher wished to have some tea.
7. Arun requested his sister to wait there till he returned.
End _________ till I return.”
Ans-Arun said to her sister, “ Wait here till I return.”
8. He wished that she might have some money.
Begin : He said, “
Ans- He said, “I wish you have some money.”
9. Aruna asked me whether I played cricket.
Begin : Aruna said to me, ”
Ans- Aruna said to me, Do you play cricket?”
10. The teacher said to me, “I have never seen such an intelligent boy like you.”
Begin The teacher told me that
Ans- The teacher told me that she had never seen such an intelligent boy like me.
Total english morning star class 10 icse solutions 2023
Practice paper 6
Fill in each of the numbered blanks with the correct form of the word given in brackets. Do not copy the passage but write in the correct serial order the word or phrase appropriate to the blank space.
There have been several reports of large footprints in the Himalayan snow, (describe) as being of the Yeti. The most famous of these were photographs of a long line of apparently fresh footprints (take) by Sri Lanka-born mountaineer Eric Shipton and his colleague, Michael Ward. The footprints they saw were 13 inches long and 5 inches wide. Those photographs (trigger) immense excitement, (study) extensively and (take) as strong evidence of the existence of the Yeti. They also (become) the genesis for many expeditions aimed solely at (search) for the Yeti, many of which (return) with hairs, bones and faeces (claim) to be of the mythical creature.
There have been several reports of large footprints in the Himalayan snow described as being of the Yeti. The most famous of these were photographs of a long line of an apparently fresh footprint taken by Sri Lanka-born mountaineer Eric Shipton and his colleague, Michael Ward. The footprints they saw were 13 inches long and 5 inches wide. Those photographs had triggered immense excitement, (study) extensively and were taken as strong evidence of the existence of the Yeti. They also became the genesis for many expeditions aimed solely at searching for the Yeti, many of which returned with hairs, bones and faeces claiming to be of the mythical creature.
Total english class 10 solutions morning star 2023
b) Fill in each blank with an appropriate word:
i) How shall I go _________ solving the problem?
Ans- How shall I go about solving the problem?
ii) He takes______________his father in good looks.
Ans- He takes after his father in good looks.
(iii) Her age is beginning to tell _______________her.
Ans- Her age is beginning to tell on her.
(iv) I find it difficult to sympathise ____ him.
Ans- I find it difficult to sympathise with him.
(v) How do you convert gallons ____ litres?
Ans- How do you convert gallons to litres?
vi) The massacre was a crime ____________humanity.
Ans-The massacre was a crime against humanity.
vii) Please call me __ as soon as you reach the restaurant.
Ans- Please call me up as soon as you reach the restaurant.
viii) The salesman has to account _________the loss.
Ans- The salesman has to account for the loss.
Total english class 10 test paper 6 answers 2022
Join the following sentences to make one complete sentence without using and, but or so.
1. I am learning French. I got a scholarship in France.
Ans- I got a scholarship to learn French in France.
2. Mona spoke very softly. I could not hear her.
Ans- I could not hear Mona as she spoke very softly.
3. The old woman was very selfish. She never helped her neighbour.
Ans- The old woman was too selfish to help her neighbour.
4. Manoj is intelligent. I am less intelligent.
Ans-Manoj is more intelligent than me.
Total english class 10 solutions 2022-2023
Rewrite the following sentences according to the instructions given after each. Make other changes that may be necessary, but do not change the meaning of each sentence.
EXAMPLE: I have wanted to be a doctor for a long time. (Use: ambition)
ANSWER: It has long been my ambition to become a doctor.
1. Walk carefully; otherwise you may slip and fall. (Use: lest)
Ans- Walk carefully lest you may slip and fall.
2. No sooner did the bell ring than the students rushed out of the hall. (Use: as soon as)
Ans- As soon as the bell rang, the students rushed out of the hall.
3. He never takes up the work which he cannot complete. (Begin: He always…)
Ans- He always takes up the work which he can complete.
4. Oh! what a beautiful scenery she has drawn! (End: …a beautiful scenery.)
Ans- She has drawn a beautiful scenery.
5. How did you manage to finish the job? (Use: succeed)
Ans- Did you succeed in finishing the job?
6. Kalidasa was one of the greatest playwrights. (Use: as great as)
Ans- Very few playwrights were as great as Kalidas.
7. “Do not use the mobile phone while driving,” said the father to his son. (Use: forbade)
Ans- The father forbade his son to not use the mobile phone while driving.
8. You remembered to take your Admit Card. (Use: forget)
Ans-Don’t forget to take your Admit card.